What is Bendigo Community Power Hub?
Bendigo Sustainability Group (BSG) was appointed as the host organisation of the Bendigo CPH and are working with Sustainability Victoria (SV) to establish and progress the CPH to facilitate locally based community owned renewable energy projects.
Why does Bendigo need a Community Power Hub?
Community Owned Renewable Energy presents the local community with significant opportunities to support, influence and benefit from renewable energy and emission reduction projects in their local area.
The Bendigo community has shown strong interest in progressing community energy projects and would benefit greatly from capacity building, partnerships and project development resources including feasibility studies, legal, technical and financial skills.
How will the Bendigo CPH work?
To ensure that Bendigo Community PowerHub is appropriately focused the following governance structure has been established:
- A Project Control Group to ensure that the funds provided by SV are used appropriately.
- An Advisory Group to ensure that any projects initiated by the CPH fit within the renewable energy strategic
direction of the region. Currently this group includes the local Council, industry groups, community groups, financial services provider, businesses, social housing provider and individuals
- A number of Working Groups to facilitate and progress each of the community energy projects identified
What projects will Bendigo Community Power Hub be working on?
The CPH will be working with community and local organisations to identify and test the feasibility of community renewable energy projects. Some of the projects they are currently investigating are;
- Rooftop Solar (individual sites <100 kW) Solar PV on larger non‐residential roofs operating “behind the meter” delete (STCs) delete
- Solar PV on Low Income Housing Reduce energy poverty and costs to tenants & NFP housing
- Small Solar Farm (0.5 ‐ 10 MW) Ground surface mount solar PV ‐ grid feed or behind‐the‐meter
- Electric Vehicle Charging integrated into some of the above projects
How can I get involved in Community Owned Renewable Energy?
The CPH want local investors to own and benefit from local clean renewable energy systems. You can get involved as follows;
- Sign up to the CPH Bendigo mailing list
- Express interest in being an investor in a local community owned renewable energy project
The CPH need commercial and other premises with larger roofs and energy demands to become Roof Hosts. Express interest and the team will send you further information.
Express interest in being a Roof Host for a local community owned renewable energy project